home of the antijoey
I have been involved with computer technology for nearly 25 years. With over 16 years experience designing websites, I specialize in creating custom interfaces specifically tailored to meet your needs in a way that reflects your unique business philosophy, organizational style, and personality.
- Proficient in Linux, Windows, MacOS and Unix
- Skilled in most popular Content Management Systems such as Drupal, WordPress, and Joomla, including MVC frameworks such as CodeIgniter
- Extensive knowledge of computer networking protocols, LAN/WAN topologies, wireless networks, security demands, software and hardware requirements, and general information technology
- 20 years experience building, repairing and maintaining personal computers
- Expert in the use of graphic, page layout, HTML editing and office suite applications, including Adobe Creative Suite, Quark XPress, DreamWeaver and others.
- Notable writing, editing and composition skills.
- Broad experience in training and self-empowerment
For the past several years, I have been self-employed creating websites, consulting, writing and providing IT services. My first career was as a lithographic 4/C stripper, in which I achieved journeyman status before personal computers began rendering the trade obsolete. I was able to adjust my skills to accomodate the digital workspace and I worked for several years as a pre-press technician before extending my skills to include network administration.
Expanded knowledge of computer network systems, LAN/WAN topologies, wireless protocols and associated hardware and software requirements. Skilled in the use, maintenance and repair of personal computers. Proficient in the use of all leading graphic, page layout, HTML editing and office suite applications. Additionally, I have experience with video and audio editing and am familiar with numerous scripting languages.
Currently self-employed, I offer website development, content creation, graphic design, and IT, computer repair and maintenance services. I have also developed and conducted training curricula, installed surveillance systems and networked point of sale/inventory systems. I was also founder, partner and majority stockholder in a start-up wireless internet access provider to rural areas of Vermont from 2002 to 2003.
I worked briefly for a small retail outlet, responsible for researching, implementing and maintaining point of sale and security system software and required hardware. I was also responsible for training, retail sales, inventory management, promotion and merchandising.
From 1996-2001, I served as a network administrator for Capital City Press, managing their production facility's intra- and internet infrastructure in a 300 node, 2 location environment. Duties included NetWare administration; e-mail, FTP, DNS, HTTP and firewall administration; T1 router, CSU/DSU, switch and general telecommunication equipment configuration and maintenance. Other duties included application support and training, Y2K compliance on mission critical equipment, general hardware and software maintenance and product research.
The number of websites I have built are far too numerous to list. Many of them have come and gone. Listed here is a small sample of some of my work.
- Healing Hands Will Travel: Still under development, I was commissioned to design and build this site for a mobile massage business.
- Vermont Road and Home: Launched December, 2011 for a RV Mobile Maintenance and Repair company.
- Margaret Holland Inn: Designed by Thor Goodrich, I have maintained the site since 2009, regularly updating photographs and scripting an administrative area enabling the owner to manage her own content. .
- Off Center for the Dramatic Arts: Powered by the Drupal content management system, this site features membership interactivity, an online store (using Ubercart) for ticket sales, a forum, and image and video galleries.
- Zezly Resume Writing Service: I was tasked with designing, developing and launching this redesign of Zezly.com's resume writing site.
- Damian J Products, LLC: Designed by the client, I have maintained this site since 2005, providing graphic design and support, photography, video production, SEO, and marketing.
- DamianJ.com: I have maintained this client-designed vanity site since 2008, providing graphic design and support, content creation, photography and video production.
- Spinal Care & Decompression Center Of Vermont: I provide IT, network administration and training for this multi-location medical practice.
- Dynamic Scripting Page: (Coming soon) A page devoted to various scripts that I have developed for use on websites that are available for anyone to use including examples and how-tos. Code examples include the script that this page uses for fading effects.
services & pricing
Technology services should not be cost prohibitive. As a provider of services, I am dedicated to bringing superior service and support to local businesses and individuals in Vermont and anywhere in the world. Contact me anytime for a consultation.
Website design and development is estimated based on the size and complexity of the project that you have in mind. You will get the personal service that you deserve, ensuring that your website will become a true reflection of your business and increase its visibility within the marketplace.
Need a network for your home or small business? Get affordable IT services for your business or home. Contact me now for free consultation.
Most computer problems are software problems. Be it PC or Mac, software or hardware, you are assured quick resolution to any problem. Call now and I will visit you in your home or office for virus removal, system security, regular maintenance and more.
Need help with software? Contact me for personal and specialized training in office suite, graphic and page layout software. You have help if you're new to computers and just need a hand getting started. Personal training at $25.00 per hour.
Leave me a voicemail:
I may be contacted through Skype: antijoey
In the very near future, this site will feature live chat.
Birthday: March 28, 1958
Favorite Music: Progressive Rock, Fusion, Metal, Merengue, Plenos
Favorite Movies: "Apocolypse Now", "Blue",
Favorite Books: "Godel, Escher and Bach: The Eternal Golden Braid", "Catch-22",
Currently Reading: "In Search Of Schrödinger's Cat" (John Gribbin)
Brief Bio: I was born in Indianapolis, IN of Southern Democratic parents from Virginia, the oldest of three. We moved to Charlottesville, VA when I was 7 years old and to Richmond, VA when I was 9 years old. I was raised mostly in gentle suburbia.
I can be found at these social networking sites:
I have made major contributions to
How I became the AntiJoey
The first job that I accepted when I moved to Vermont was as an IT specialist at a large printing and publishing company. In my new role, I came into contact with scores of employees on a daily basis. I found it impossible to remember all of their names, so I began calling everyone Joey. This practice was quickly emulated. Soon, everyone was calling everyone else Joey. Of course, it wasn't long before this became problematic. Going into the typesetting department to talk to Joey could result in a dozen folks poking their heads up from their cubbies. This was handily resolved by the endowment of "Joey nicknames" amongst the lot of us. These names were often based on particularly unappealing qualities of the person being dubbed. For instance, the bald guy became known as Shiny Joey, the guy who'd had multiple surgeries became Bionic Joey, and so on. This sophomoric convention soon became too much for one raised in the gentle suburbs of the South. In a fit of self-righteous irritation, I one day declared that I would be a part of it no longer and that from then on, I was anti-Joey. To my amazement, the name was persistent. From that point on, I have become known alternately as the AntiJoey or AJ and it remains the sole time in my life that I have been able to direct my own nickname. Of course, there's more to the story and others would certainly remember these circumstances differently, but those are subjects for another day...
Send me a message via email by completing the form below. I will reply or call as soon as I receive it. Thank you!
I can also be reached through: